| || |
The qBittorrent project aims to provide a Free Software alternative to µtorrent. Additionally, qBittorrent runs and provides the same features on all major operating systems. The user interface is similar to the µTorrent, one of the official BitTorrent client.
This helps ease the transition between µTorrent to qBittorrent for Windows users switching to Linux. qBittorrent is a multi-platform Bittorrent client developed in C++/Qt4 by Christophe Dumez.
Its main features are its integrated search engine. It allows searching for torrent from the main torrent Web sites simultaneously in a transparent fashion.
qBittorrent supports l’UPnP/NAT-PMP, Bittorrent protocol encryption (Azureus-compatible), Peer Exchange (PeX) compatible with µTorrent, IP filtering (eMule-like “ipfilter.dat” or PeerGuardian filters), Torrents (and the files they contain).
Moreover, it supports the remote control through a secure Web User Interface.
qBittorrent is based on Qt toolkit and libtorrent-rasterbar.
- Polished µTorrent-like User Interface
- Well-integrated and extensible Search Engine
- Simultaneous search in most famous BitTorrent search sites
- Per-category-specific search requests (e.g. Books, Music, Movies)
- All Bittorrent extensions
- DHT, Peer Exchange, Full encryption, Magnet/BitComet URIs, …
- Remote control through a Web user interface
- Nearly identical to the regular UI, all in Ajax
- Advanced control over trackers, peers and torrents
- Torrents queueing and prioritizing
- Torrent content selection and prioritizing
- UPnP / NAT-PMP port forwarding support
- Available in ~41 languages (Unicode support)
- Torrent creation tool
- Advanced RSS support with download filters (inc. regex)
- Bandwidth scheduler
- IP Filtering (eMule and PeerGuardian compatible)
- IPv6 compliant
- Sequential downloading (aka “Download in order”)
- Available on most platforms: Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, OS/2, FreeBSD
Changes in qBittorrent 4.0.4:
- FEATURE: Add source field in Torrent creator.
- FEATURE: Torrent creator: raise maximum piece size to 32 MiB
- FEATURE: Add a force reannounce option in the transfer list context menu.
- BUGFIX: Fix sorting of country flags column in Peers tab.
- BUGFIX: Fix natural sorting when the common part of 2 strings ends partially in a number which continues in the uncommon part.
- BUGFIX: Fix application of speed limits on LAN and μTP connections.
- BUGFIX: Make peer information flags in peerlist more readable.
- BUGFIX: Fix gui issues on high DPI monitor.
- BUGFIX: Fix dialog and column size on high DPI monitors.
- BUGFIX: Fix constant status of ‘[F] Downloading’.
- BUGFIX: Fix translation context.
- BUGFIX: Separate subnet whitelist options into two lines.
- BUGFIX: Don’t set application name twice.
- BUGFIX: Set default file log size to 65 KiB and delete backup logs older than 1 month.
- WEBUI: Only prepend scheme when it is not present.
- WEBUI: Add “Remaining” and “Availability” columns to webui Content tab.
- WEBUI: Make value formatting consistent with GUI
- WEBUI: Reposition Total Size column to match GUI
- WEBUI: Add Tags and Time Active columns
- WEBUI: Use https for www.qbittorrent.org
- WEBUI: Match webui statuses to GUI
- WEBUI: Right-align stat values
- WEBUI: Add missing units.
- RSS: Fix crash when deleting rule because it tries to update.
- RSS: Don’t process new/updated RSS rules when disabled
- RSS: Remove legacy and corrupted RSS settings
- SEARCH: Search only when category is supported by plugin.
- SEARCH: Only add search separators as needed.
- COSMETIC: Tweak spacing in torrent properties widget and speed widget.
- WINDOWS: Use standard folder icon for open file behavior on Windows.
- WINDOWS: Revert “Run external program” function. Now you will not be able to directly run batch scripts.
- MACOS: Fix torrent file selection in Finder on MAC
- MACOS: Fix Finder reveal in preview and torrent contents
- MACOS: Fix cmd+w not closing the main window on macOS
- OTHER: Fix splitting of compiler flags in configure. Autoconf removes a set of  during script translation, resulting in a wrong sed command.
- OTHER: configure: Parse all compiler related flags together.
- OTHER: Update copyright year.
Homepage – https://www.qbittorrent.org